Thursday, February 8, 2024

The Price is Right’s 4000th episode (CBS 1/31/92)

I'm getting close to finishing up transferring VHS to digital.  The plan remains to get rid of five bins of VHS, which is a pain to move & store.

I have to pay attention and watch the shows as I transfer the important ones and most of those are game shows and failed sitcoms.

It’s the strangest thing to be watching a show and then seeing myself in the audience.  I went so often, every now and then there’s an episode I forgot I saw.  Especially with game shows because I would go to those tapings all the time.  The audiences were (almost always) fun.

This was uploaded to both YouTube & the Internet Archive not too long ago, but this is a little clearer.

It’s the milestone 4000th episode of The Price is Right.  (The tape date of the episode was early December 1991.)

This is an off-air recording from WROC Rochester on 1/31/92, complete with original commercials.  It was recorded 32 years ago on VHS at EP speed / low quality, so don’t expect video perfection. :)


After watching some of these mid-90’s The Price is Right episodes, I’m thinking the way these live tapings were done had to be an inspiration for how Kevin Belinkoff did the Match Game 1998 ones.

 

 

DISCLAIMER:  I only upload episodes of TV series that are completely unavailable in any format (not currently broadcast, streaming or available to purchase in any way) for archival purposes.  If the show suddenly becomes available, all files will be deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment