Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Lost TV Sanctuary: Makin' It (ABC 1979)

#6 on my Holy Grail of TV Lost Media.

Only 9 episodes of this show were produced, but just one is currently findable.

Right from the extremely long (but awesome) opening theme, you’ll know this is a disco-era sitcom.  Unfortunately it aired just as disco started dying.  But it had some huge talent behind it - the show was produced by the same company that did Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy and Angie (one of my all time favorite sitcoms).

I was disappointed in the Angie complete series DVD release because a few episodes were the syndication edits.  That tells me the masters weren’t available for whatever reason.  Let’s hope the masters for the other 8 episodes of this are preserved somewhere.

Poor quality copies of some episodes have turned up over the years, but the sixth episode is currently the only one I’ve found.  Here it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment