Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Lost TV Sanctuary: The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfieffer (UPN 1998)

The 5 unaired episodes of this show are #2 on my Holy Grail of TV Lost Media.

It was controversial and yes, it was as stupid as everyone says.  But so was everything on late 90’s UPN (think Shasta McNasty, another show I watched every week).

Chi McBride was hysterical in this.  His character of Desmond was the only smart & sane person around.  That’s almost all the jokes right there - but it stays funny.  And the rest of the cast - equally awesome.  Especially Christine Estabrook, who steals every scene she’s in as Mary Todd Lincoln.

After 4 episodes aired (out of order and not even starting with the first episode due to protests), the show was pulled.  That left 5 taped episodes unaired.  I saw the live taping of what I think was the last episode taped.  I’m not sure if it was “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner” (unaired) or “Once Upon a Mistress” (the 4th episode aired).  But either way, I’d love to see those remaining 5 episodes including the original pilot.

I transferred the 4 aired episodes years ago, but saw someone else has already uploaded them to YouTube...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment